Things You Ought To Know About Physiotherapy
Physiotherapists are healthcare professionals who give physical therapy services to the patients suffering from various injuries. The main roles of physiotherapists in Perth include promoting health, rehabilitation, preventing injuries and treating injuries and diseases. The physiotherapists have many years of experience and have the in-depth knowledge of the human body and how it works. They use their hands-on clinical skills to assess, diagnose and treat symptoms of various injury, illness or disability of their patients.
Physiotherapy can be defined as one of the treatment techniques that focus on the science of movement. Physiotherapy mainly focuses on restoring, maintaining and maximizing physical strength, function, motion and general health.
What Can You Expect at Physiotherapy Appointment?
A physiotherapist will work with you to explore the functional needs and abilities to come up with a unique treatment plan specifically for your particular health issue. It can incorporate current approaches and techniques. During your appointment, you can expect that a physiotherapist may
- Ask about your medical history
- Evaluate and identify your condition and needs
- Help to meet your physical goals
- Create a unique treatment plan that suits your health, activities, and lifestyle
- Prescribe devices and exercises
Treatments Offered By Physiotherapist
Often the physiotherapists work in tandem with other healthcare professionals to provide the best and unique treatment services specially tailored for your injury. A physician may recommend physiotherapy in Perth following a sports injury, a heart attack or stroke, an operation, etc.
Physiotherapy treatments can include:
- Joint manipulation and mobilization to reduce the stiffness and pain
- Exercise programs specially designed to improve your strength, function, and range of motion
- A customized treatment plan to help you recover from a motor vehicle accident
- Airway clearance methods to help patients suffering from breathing difficulties
- Hot and cold packs and modalities to reduce swelling caused by the injury, relieve pain, improve movement and function, and speed up your healing process
- Provide skin care and wound care
- Helps to manage incontinence including pelvic floor re-education
- Tolerance testing and training
Techniques Used In Physiotherapy
Often the physio in Perth uses the modern and latest techniques to treat your particular injury and needs. Some common physiotherapy techniques include the following.
- During the manual manipulation method, the joints and soft tissue are manipulated to improve circulation, relax muscles with spasms, and drain fluid from the body.
- Provide exercise prescription to enhance the strength of your joints and range of motion.
- Electrical nerve stimulation method involves the stimulation of muscles with the help of little electrical currents that can promote suppression and blocking of pain signals to your central nervous system
- Perform functional testing to assess the patient’s physical abilities.
If you are experiencing problems related to function or movement, or you would like to enhance your general health, you need to consult an experienced physiotherapist.