Pelvic Health Physiotherapist
Elyse graduated from Griffith University (QLD), with a Bachelor of Exercise Science and a Masters of Physiotherapy in 2015. Since then, Elyse has worked extensively as a Physiotherapist and a Clinical Pilates Instructor in a Sports and Women’s Health area in Melbourne and Perth.
Elyse has studied the Masters of Women’s, Men’s and Pelvic Health at Curtin University. Elyse is passionate about pelvic health, especially through pregnancy and the postnatal period. She has a keen interest in helping women return to exercise and sport after having a baby.
She also has a special interest in assessing and treating the pelvic and lower back pain. Elyse uses a combination of hands on therapy, education and exercise prescription to get the best possible outcome for her clients.
In her spare time, Elyse enjoys pilates, going to the gym, reading a good book on the beach and spending time with friends, family and two dogs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Exercise Science
- Masters of Physiotherapy
- Master of Clinical Physiotherapy – Continence & Pelvic Health Major
- Pelvic health
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Pelvic pain
- Clinical pilates
- Breast conditions - mastitis, blocked ducts and cracked nipples
Gladly accepting referrals for:
- Antenatal and postnatal assessments
- Antenatal and postnatal musculoskeletal conditions
- Rectus abdominis diastasis (abdominal separation)
- Breast conditions - cracked nipples, mastitis, blocked ducts
- Pelvic pain - dyspareunia, endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Urinary incontinence
- Overactive bladder and cystitis
- Bowel dysfunctions - constipation
- Pre and post pelvic surgery care - pelvic organ prolapse repair, hysterectomy
- Clinical pilates assessment and classes