After graduating with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy from Curtin in 2012, Emma has worked in both public and private hospitals and her passion for pelvic health led to her complete her Post Graduate Certificate in Continence and Women’s Health in 2018. She has experience working on inpatient maternity wards, providing early postnatal care, and running women’s specific exercise classes.
Emma has a keen interest in antenatal and postnatal care, as well as bladder dysfunction and pelvic organ prolapse. She’s acutely aware of the amount of change that occurs in new parent’s lives and enjoys being able to assist and empower them to put their health and well-being first. Having worked in mental health for the last 8 years, Emma is passionate about a holistic approach to physiotherapy and the importance of addressing both physical and mental health to aid recovery.
Emma brings her pelvic health knowledge and experience as a mum of two to Subiaco Women’s Health, where she provides outpatient appointments and antenatal hydrotherapy classes.
In her spare time, Emma enjoys pilates, playing netball, taking her kids to the beach and going to bookclub.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Physiotherapy (Continence and Women’s Health)
Gladly accepting referrals for
- Pregnancy and postpartum specific care
- Breast treatment for cracked nipples, blocked ducts and mastitis
- Urinary and faecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Sexual pain and dysfunction
- Overactive bladder syndrome
- Rectus abdominis diastasis