Sports Physiotherapy Perth
Sports Physiotherapists have additional expertise in the assessment and management of sporting injuries among people who participate at a high level of sport, have a large training load or volume, or simply enjoy competing at amateur/social levels.
All of our Sports Physiotherapists share extensive and unique experience with elite athletes across a wide variety of sporting and artistic disciplines.
SportsMed Subiaco’s Sports Physiotherapists offer the following additional skills:
- Sports-specific assessment and examinations
- Superior myofascial treatment techniques
- Adept muscle recruitment strategies
- Advanced exercise prescription & late-stage rehabilitation
- Periodisation planning
- Biomechanical knowledge of optimal technique
- Video analysis & technique correction
- Monitoring of training loads
- Injury prevention screenings
- Goal setting advice
- Frequent and comprehensive liaison with coaching staff, strength & conditioning trainers, sports psychologists and nutritionists
Our Sports Physiotherapists are also able to devise strength & conditioning/weight training programs to:
- Increase muscle mass/bulk
- Improve muscle power, strength and/or endurance
- Improve speed, power, agility, reaction and quickness (SPARQ)
For your convenience Physiotherapy consultations are now available between 7pm and 10 pm Monday and Thursday evenings and also on Sunday mornings between 9am and 12pm. Bookings can be made online or by phoning the clinic directly.