Post-Operative Rehabilitation and exercise therapy is fundamental to reducing pain and improving range of motion and function.
SportsMed Subiaco’s Orthopaedic Physiotherapists offer post-operative care by providing:
- Individualized assessment and examination
- Exercise prescription relevant to the stage of recovery and surgeon’s protocol
- Superior myofascial treatment/massage techniques
- Retraining of optimal muscle recruitment
- Retraining of movement strategies and optimal biomechanics
- Video analysis & technique correction (including use of Motion Metrix)
- Patient-centered approach focused on achieving your specific goals
- Direct communication with your surgeon and other health care providers
Using advanced techniques and evidence-based care, we assist with helping tissue healing and repair, reducing stiffness and pain, increasing mobility, improving function and overall wellbeing. We advocate a multidisciplinary approach to patient care wherever possible, to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients of all ages and all levels of recovery and fitness.
Advantages of Post-Operative Rehabilitation at SportsMed Subiaco include:
- SportsMed Subiaco inpatient and outpatient physiotherapists work closely with SJOG Subiaco Hospital’s orthopaedic surgeons to ensure your best outcome.
- Comprehensive care from the immediate, acute post-operative stage to final-stage post-operative rehabilitation.
Several in-house rehabilitation options, including:
- Hydrotherapy in our state-of-the-art heated hydrotherapy pool
- Supervised exercise programs in our fully-equipped gymnasium
- GLA:D program which provides both pre- and post-operative rehabilitation
- Clinical Pilates program (in our Clinical Pilates Studio) for end stage/advanced rehabilitation
- Clinical consistency and monitoring with a team approach
- Ease of Accessibility