Sports Podiatry is a branch of Podiatric Medicine that deals in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of foot/lower limb injuries in sport and exercise.
Sports Podiatry may include treatments such as joint mobilisation; injection therapy, soft tissue manipulation, advanced biomechanical assessments, foot orthotic therapy, conditioning of the lower extremities, and footwear prescription.
Because of the competitive nature of sport, the primary aim of Sports Podiatry is to return the patient to their former level of function as soon as practically possible. This is for the professional and amateur athlete, as well as those who have sustained injuries in day-to-day life.
Common foot & lower limb complaints include:
- Plantar Fasciitis (Pain under the heel)
- Achilles Tendonitis (Pain at the back of the heel/ankle)
- Arch and Instep Pain
- Forefoot Pain (Bunions, Toe Deformity, Morton’s Neuroma & Metatarsalgia)
- Ankle Pain (Tibialis Posterior Tendonitis, Ankle Sprains and Instability)
- Lower Leg Pain (Shin Splints & Calf Muscle Strain)
- Knee Pain (Patello-femoral Maltracking Syndrome, ITB friction syndrome, & Patella Tendonitis)
- Hip Pain (Greater Trochanteric Bursitis)
Common foot and lower limb complaints in children include:
- Heel Pain (Sever’s Disease)
- Knee Pain (Osgood Schlatter’s Syndrome)
- Intoed Gait (Pigeon toed)
- Flat Feet
- Generalised Foot, Ankle & Leg Pain during and after sport
Book with Jason Rzepecki today for the diagnosis and treatment of all injuries in the field of Podiatry, particularly sports injuries affecting the foot, ankle and lower limb in adults and children.
SportsMed Subiaco have been manufacturing custom made orthotics for our clients for close to two decades.Download PDF Brochure