At SportsMed Subiaco we are delighted to offer a complete women’s health service to all women, including private clinic appointments (SportsMed Subiaco), maternity ward consultations (St John of God Subiaco Hospital) and a variety of specific women’s health exercise classes.
Our experienced team of Women’s Health Physiotherapists are dedicated to providing quality and personalised care during pregnancy, following delivery and beyond.
Antenatal Treatment & Management
- Pregnancy-related neck and back pain
- Pelvic and sacroiliac joint pain
- Pelvic floor education and strengthening
- Bladder and bowel disturbance/leakage
- Supply and fitting of abdominal supports
Antenatal Exercise Classes
Postnatal Treatment & Management
- Neck and back pain
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Pelvic girdle pain and instability
- Wrist and thumb pain (e.g. DeQuervains, Carpel Tunnel Syndrome)
- Perineal pain
- Breast care (Mastitis, blocked ducts, cracked nipples)
- Abdominal muscle assessment and strengthening program
Postnatal Exercise Classes
- Q. Do I have to be a patient of St John Of God Subiaco Hospital to attend Antenatal Pool classes?
A. You don’t have to be a patient of St John Of God Subiaco Hospital to attend Antenatal Pool classes. Wherever you plan to deliver, you are welcome to attend our classes.
- Q. Do I need a referral from my Obstetrician/GP to attend Antenatal Pool classes?
A. Yes, a referral is required from your Obstetrician/GP to attend the Antenatal Pool classes.
- Q. Do I have to sign up for a term of Postnatal Pool classes?
A. No, you can book classes from week to week. Health fund rebates may apply.
- Q. Are there any requirements for Antenatal and Postnatal Pilates classes?
A. You will need to attend the introductory class before attending the Pilates classes. Please wear socks, comfortable exercise clothing and bring a hand towel to classes.